Experience and Understanding
Over the firm’s 20 year history, Peck and Company’s practice has focused on assisting individual or corporate clients respond to criminal and regulatory charges. The firm has experience with all types of charges, including driving, drug possession and trafficking, assault and sexual assault, and commercial crime. This depth of experience provides the foundation for determined advocacy, both inside and outside the courtroom.
Representation from the Earliest Stages
The mere laying of criminal charges can have a significant impact on an individual’s work and personal life. Charges can affect a persons’s reputation in the community and can limit future employment prospects. Because of the significant consequences that arise from a criminal charge, retaining legal counsel is advisable from the earliest stages of a police investigation.
The lawyers at Peck and Company often advocate for clients at the police investigation stage, before charges are laid. In some cases, counsel can assist clients in avoiding the laying of charges.
Some of our Areas of Practice:
- Driving offences: including driving prohibitions, impaired driving charges, and dangerous driving causing bodily harm or death.
- Drug offences: including possession of a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking, trafficking in a controlled substance, production of controlled substances, and importation.
- Commercial crime: including proceeds of crime, fraud, breach of trust, and theft.
- Sexual Offences: including child pornography and sexual assault.
- Murder and other violent offences: including first and second degree murder, attempted murder and conspiracy to commit murder, manslaughter, criminal negligence causing death, assault, aggravated assault and assault causing bodily harm, and robbery.
Contact Peck and Company at 604-669-0208 or via email at email@example.com.